Heartland Wellness Recovery Center
Heartland Wellness Recovery Center is a Bio-Psychosocial Rehabilitation program of Community Research Foundation that provides integrated, coordinated community-based psychosocial rehabilitation services for adults 18 and older who have serious mental illness, as well as individuals with co-occurring mental health and substance disorders.
Heartland Wellness Recovery Center's services are based on the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation, with emphasis on attending to the whole person and re-establishing one's life as a result of the consequences of mental illness, rather than simply attending to the symptoms of the illness. The services focus on recovery, rehabilitation, and community integration, and are individualized to meet the needs of each client. Clients actively participate in setting service plan goals and are encouraged to involve family and significant others in the recovery plan.
- Mental Health Evaluations
- Medication Management
- Case Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Service Coordination and Linkage
- Life Skills Development
- Outreach and Education
- Limited Group, Individual, and Family Counseling
- Integrated Services for Mental Health & Substance Use Problems
- Enhanced services for Young Adults, Transitional Aged Youth, age 18- 24.
- Enhanced services for Older Adults, age 60 year and over.
Heartland Wellness Recovery Center works with clients, their families, significant others and East region community resources to assist clients to reach their individualized goals which may include:
- Reduce or eliminate the effects of mental illness.
- Promote wellness, stability, and quality of life.
- Prevent or minimize psychiatric episodes resulting in hospitalization.
- Assist clients with community integration and self-sufficiency.
- Improve functioning in social, volunteer, and employment activities.
Referrals may be initiated by any individual or family member, concerned citizen, or social service provider/professional by calling the program directly.
Heartland Wellness Recovery Center is a Medi-Cal provider certified by San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency, Behavioral Health Services Department and California Department of Mental Health.
Hours of Operation
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
9:00 AM to 7:00 PM Wednesday
Fees and Funding
Heartland Wellness Recovery Center is primarily funded through contracts with the San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency, Behavioral Health Services Department. The program accepts Medi-Cal. For individuals with no insurance, fees are based on a sliding scale determined by one's income. No one is denied services based on inability to pay.
Bus #864 connects from the El Cajon Trolley station and stops at the corner of Madison Avenue and Magnolia Avenue.